UBC, PGME, and the Family Practice Postgraduate Program remain dedicated to supporting our residents, faculty, and staff during the COVID-19 outbreak. Stay Informed: Updates will be posted on this page.
The COVID PGME website has critical updates and information; refer to it frequently
Dec 8th, 2020: Residents Working with COVID Patients:
- Family Practice Residents are healthcare workers and learners. Hence, they are expected to care for patients according to the guidelines and recommendations provided by Public Health and the Health Authority in which they are working.
- Family Practice residents are expected to provide a wide scope of care with appropriate supervision and may be allowed to intubate all patients, including COVID positive patients, at the discretion of the attending physician and within the comfort level of the involved resident and attending team.
- See PGME and BCCDC resources
In response to the Provincial Health Orders/Guidelines announced Nov 19th, 20:
- Any mandatory pre-approved in-person academic activities submitted to PGME may continue, on the assumption that the approved terms of holding the event are maintained (ex. PPE).
- Worksites and educational activities are excluded from the existing PHO travel restrictions. Resident travel for clinical rotations/electives in-province is permitted.
- Out of province electives are also permitted, assuming there are no quarantine requirements in the jurisdiction where the elective is based
Current Family Practice Communication:
Previous Family Practice Communication:
- Nov 24 – COVID Resident Leave Summary
- April 24 – Program Orientation Changes
- May 6 – Virtual Occupational Health & Safety Training June 26
- April 23 (7:30pm) – Scheduling Update
- April 23 (7:30pm) – Waiver of Training 2020
- March 30 (8:00pm) – Swabbing, Leaving and Returning to Clinical Duty
- March 27 (12:45pm) – CPSBC Update for Final Year Residents – see PGME website
- March 21 (12:00pm) – Off-Site Rotations
- March 21 (12:00pm) – Re-Deployment of Residents
- March 19 (4:00pm) – Rural Rotation Announcement
- March 19 (3:30pm) – Weekly Briefing & FAQs
- March 18, (10:18am) – Pregnant Residents + Residents with Medical Conditions
- March 15, (6:30pm) – Self-Isolation Required – PD Memo
- March 13, (8:00pm) – Quarantine Update and Non-Essential Travel_PGME Update
- March 13 (2:00pm) – Memo from our Program Director
- March 12, (12:30pm) – Memo from our Program Director
- March 16: Resident Re-Deployment Guidelines + Cancelled Rotations (3:41pm)
- PGME Memo: Non-Clinical Events
- PGME Instructions for Residents & FAQs
EXAMS: CFPC & MCC Statements
- Memo from Resident Resilience Sub-Committee Co-Chair
- Wellness Resources & Contacts
- Webinar Series: Psychological First Aid, Grief and Loss, and Moral Distress in Response to COVID-19.
UBC WIDE INFORMATION