Timeline for residents scholar projects:
Some of the dates below are suggested deadlines; some (in red) are mandatory deadlines. In brackets are the relative times (in weeks before residency end-date) for those residents who are off-cycle.
- July – December (18-24 months prior to end of residency): Gather clinical questions or start thinking about the type of project that will be done.
- January – April (14-17 months prior to end of residency): Identify a project supervisor.
- August 31 to site faculty (10 months before end of residency): Work on literature review, ethics application
- July (12 months prior to end of residency): Project proposal submitted to your site faculty
- August (11 months prior to end of residency): Ethics submitted (if necessary)
- September – December (7-10 months prior to end of residency): Data collection
- Draft abstract due to site scholar faculty: December 15
- Final Abstract and Final Manuscript due to Program Office: February 28 – Please send your final abstracts and manuscripts to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline indicated.
- Remediation work, if necessary: March 2 – May 31
- Deadline to apply for Lloyd Jones Collins Award: March 31
- Presentations due to Program Office: June 12
- Central Lloyd Jones Collins Scholarship Day: June 19